Rise of the Runelords
- Minions get 1/2 hit points (30 HP max) and inflict 1/2 the average of any given attack’s damage, as a flat rate.
- Minions are destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or less, or whenever they suffer damage while already being wounded (i.e. while not at full hit points).
- If the first successful attack against a minion hasn’t killed it, the second one will regardless of the damage inflicted.
- Any incapacitating effects other than straight damage (fear, blindness, confusion, etc) automatically takes the minion out of the fight.
- A minion suffers no damage or negative effects on a successful saving throw.
- Four minions are considered to be about the same as a standard monster of their level.
So it is fairly easy to track: A minion is either at full health or wounded (in which case the next hit will automatically kill it)